How to help
Your generous contributions help needy children succeed in school and in life!
Donations of backpacks and school supplies will be accepted July 1 through August 7th
Please call 530-666-8230 to arrange pick up of donations or drop off at:
- Father Paddy’s Local Irish Pub: 435 Main Street, Woodland
- Mojo’s Lounge: 428 First Street, Woodland.
- Sweet Potato Pie Children’s Boutique: 528 Main Street, Woodland
- Yolo County 1st District office: 500 Jefferson, Bldg A, West Sacramento
- Yolo County 3rd District office: 625 Court Street, Room 204, Woodland
- Yolo County District 4 office: 600 A Street, Suite B, Davis
We are also accepting cash donations.
Please make your check payable to: “Backpacks for Kids” and mail to:Backpacks for Kids
P.O. Box 1645
Woodland, CA 95776
Or use the Paypal link on the right to securely donate online.
Your donations are tax deductible, subject to the extent of the law.
All items must be new and unused. Items go to students, grades kindergarten through 12th. We do not provide for preschool children or college students. Though all donations are greatly appreciated, only certain items will be accepted. We have consulted local schools for the most needed items. We cannot accept pencil sharpeners, tissue, or sanitizer.
Backpacks—medium to large. Preferably solid colors. (no red or royal blue backpacks please. Most schools prohibit these colored backpacks) No rolling book bags.
Each Backpack is filled with items appropriate for grade level. Please do not include misc items not on lists. It is important that each backpack be distributed with equitable items.
Needs broken down by grade: